This article explains how to install DBAN to a USB flash drive from a Mac OSX Device. However, I never managed to use that device on a Mac in order to erase all of its data.
I’m not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I managed to get it working with the following steps:
- Download the dban 2.3.0 iso
- Install unetbootin (I recommend you to use brew for this : brew cask install unetbootin)
- Mount the USB stick
- Make sure that the USB stick is empty and formatted in FAT or FAT32 (you can check it and format it with the Disk Utility)
- Install DBAN on a USB flash drive using unetbootin
- Replace every occurrence of ubninit with ISOLINUX.BIN in the syslinux.cfg file (Either with a text editor (like Sublime Text or VSCode) or with sed : sed -i ‘s/ubninit/ISOLINUX.BIN/g’ syslinux.cfg)